- Full Name: Rupert Alexander Lloyd Grint
- Rupert’s parents picked his name (Rupert) out of a hat of possible names.
- His name (Rupert) is of Germanic origin and means “bright fame”. His name Alexander means “the leader”, Lloyd stands for “grey/wise”.
- Nicknames: Rupe, Rupes, Poop, , Ginge, Copper Knob (by his great-grandfather)
- Birthdate: August 24th, 1988
- Birth Place: Hertfordshire, England
- Nationality: British
- Astrological Sign: Virgo
- Chinese Zodiac Sign: Dragon
- Grint family is not too religious.
- English; Rupert’s grandmother is half-Irish.
- Parents: Nigel (father) – a race car memorial dealer and Joanna (mother) – a homemaker.
- Rupert is the eldest of five children: One brother – James (born in 1990, Rally Driver) and three sisters – Georgina (born in 1993, studying), Samantha (born in 1996, singer/songwriter), and Charlotte (born in 1999, student)
- Hair colour: Ginger (natural red-head)
- Eye colour: blue-green
- Height: 5′10″
- Shoe Size: 43 (Europe) / 9 (UK) / 10 (US)
- Rupert is right handed.
- Rupert went to a Catholic primary school.
- First book read: Each Peach Plum by Allan and Janet Ahlberg.
- First dream job: Ice cream man.
- Rupert went to Richard Hale School, Hertford, an all boys-school in his hometown.
- Favourite subjects: Arts and Chemistry
- Rupert took German as his foreign language in school.
- Rupert has always been interested in drama, and took part in school plays.
- First acting roles: School productions and local theater productions:
- a fish in Noah’s Ark
- a donkey in a Nativity Play
- a chorus in Cinderella
- a Gangster Rooster in Annie
- Rump in Rumplestiltskin
- Rupert did not enjoy school and found it hard to balance school and filming.
- Rupert preferred tutoring to regular school since, as he said, he was never top-of-the-class — and with tutoring there were fewer distractions.
- He took his GCSE exams between PoA and GoF (May/June 2004) at Richard Hale, Hertford.
- He graduated after taking GCSEs in June 2004 while filming Prisoner of Azkaban.
- He chose to finish school after he completed his GCSEs at the age of 16, and did not wish to pursue further schooling in order to focus on his role in the Harry Potter films.
- Rupert took driving lessons from a school of motoring – his Dad said he is a good driver.
- He failed his driving test on his first attempt (3-point turn), passed on his 2nd attempt.
- Rupert enjoys drawing/sketching and can draw expressive caricatures within 60 seconds.
- Rupert owns a Quad Bike, Go-Kart, Mini Cooper, an orange/gold Range Rover and a golf buggy, a Hummer style golf cart, a Chevy pick-up truck, a hovercraft (incl. night-sight goggles), an Anglia, a modified VW Camper and a BMW Isetta bubble car.
- Rupert owns an Ice Cream Van and considers it the coolest thing he bought. It is semi-stocked, with a big freezer in the back and a soft ice cream “whippy” machine. It is decorated with light-up ice cream cones and teletubby stickers. The van’s jingle is “Three Blind Mice”.
- Favourite Books: Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, the Harry Potter series.
- Favourite Genre: Comedy and horror
- Favourite Movies: Napoleon Dynamite, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Shrek, Ace Ventura, The Grinch, Dumb & Dumber, Star Wars, Eraserhead, Inglorious Basterds, Clockwork Orange
- Favourite Actors: Jim Carrey, Lee Evans and Mike Myers, Bill Murray
- Favourite Actress / Celebrity Crush: Jessica Alba and Sienna Miller
- Favourite Directors: Quentin Tarantino
- Favourite TV Show: Big Brother (UK), Peep Show
- Favourite TV Guilty Pleasure: The Joy of Painting, with Bob Ross
- Favourite (secret) Girlie Movie/TV Show: Saved by the Bell
- Favourite Cartoon Character: SpongeBob SquarePants
- Favourite Music: British punk rock, alternative, anything with a guitar
- Favourite Bands: AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Velvet Revolver, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, The Killers, Parklife and Blur, Oasis, The Clash, Beastie Boys, Prodigy, Ocean Colour Scene, Mogwai, Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon.
- Rupert owns a guitar and a banjo.
- Rupert has a didgeridoo and “can make a noise on it.” He proved this on BeatTV in August 2012.
- Favourite Sports: Golf, Pool, Bowling, Biking, Football, Rugby, Swimming, wishes he could do Gymnastics
- Favourite Sports Team: Tottenham Hotspur (The Spurs) football/soccer team
- Rupert is an avid golfer, his golf handicap was 15 after only around 2 years of playing.
- Rupert is also known to be good at bowling, pool (billiards) and table tennis.
- Favourite Candy Bar: Nestle Milky Bar
- Favourite Dessert: Ice cream
- Favourite Ice-cream Flavour: Choco-mint
- Favourite Fast-food: Hawaiian Pizza, Burger, Ham sandwiches
- Favourite Fruit: Orange
- Favourite Animal to Eat: Cow
- Favourite Thirst-quencher: Lemonade
- Fears: Rupert hates spiders and was afraid of the dark as a child.
- Favourite Colour: green, pink
- Favourite Childhood Toy: Yo-yos (Super Yo Satellite)
- Favourite Birthday Present: Unicycle (he got it on his 14th birthday)
- Favourite Smell: Petrol
- Favourite Family Holiday: Isle of Wight three years in a row with his siblings.